So who needs a so-called “Anti-inflammatory diet”? Well just about anyone who is not genetically adapted to a modern diet… meaning everyone. Inflammation is your body’s response to you giving it stuff it is not adapted to.
A wide range of modern health problems start as elevated levels of inflammation.
In a nutshell, an anti-inflammatory diet is this:
- Take Vitamin D
- Eat Low carb – avoid grains
- Avoid vegetable oils — only olive oil is safe (trans fats are dangerous), butter is better
- Consume Fish oil
- Eliminate High fructose corn syrup
- Eat Saturated Fats — safer than polyunsaturated fats, major source of calories
- Eat Fermented foods — boost your good bacteria
It all sounds vaguely familiar…
Bottom line: no more bread… but you are welcome to enjoy a steak with butter!
I CAN LIVE WITH THAT.