Bitten has my number….
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup liquid bacon fat
- Combine the egg yolk, mustard, and lemon juice in the small bowl of a food processor or in a blender and process to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- Have the bacon fat liquid, but not hot. With the machine running, gradually add the bacon fat until the mixture starts to stiffen and emulsify, about 2 minutes. Once it starts to emulsify, you can add the fat more quickly. If the mayonnaise is too thick, just blend in 1 tsp of boiling water to thin it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Anyone game to try a duck fat substitute?
This recipe comes from